Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Joy and Sorrow

I was holding the little princess (dd3) yesterday and watching PBS with her. It was one of those little moments of grace when just holding her and feeling her warm cuddliness that made me almost overwhelmed by my blessings. It's been a long year of waiting and praying that everything would work out with her adoption. Even in our joy though there is sadness and sorrow for all she went through and even for her birth parents that will never experience a cuddle like this. I'm so looking forward to her baptism this Sunday and the opportunity to celebrate with all those who supported us through the process. At the same time I miss my mom who passed away almost 5 years ago never knowing the little princess and my dad who just passed away in September while we were still not sure when/if we would be able to adopt.

No comments: