Friday, March 4, 2011

Quick Takes #4 Lent Prep




I'm quickly writing out my goals for lent this year. It seems like a big list but many are things I've done in the past, do 1/2 the time now, or just things I want to get in the habit of doing.

1. Diet Pepsi/Pop- This is our classic lenten luxury to give up. This really isn't as hard as it used to be. I still drink tea. I gave this up for a long time while Teresa was our foster child so pop doesn't taste as good as before.

2. 200 lbs/20 hrs of decluttering-This is what my husband and I will be doing together. He suggested decluttering. I came up with a measurable goal. It really isn't as bad as it sounds. We have 2 computers/moniters that weigh a lot.

3. Rosary, Stations, or Mass as a family on Fridays. We generally go meatless all year are Fridays so we wanted to do something more on Fridays.

4. Exercise- My goal is 15 minutes a day on average. So 10 hrs for lent.

5. Diet-I'm going to adapt the No-S diet. If I lose weight great but more importantly I need to stop constant eating and daily chocolate. This will be a BIG challenge next Thursday. I'm driving to get Megan so 8 hrs in the car without snacks. (I read my dear Megan's Quick Takes and she talks about being moderate in eating. I think that's my goal here too.)

6.Computer use- limit myself to an hour a day.

7. Read to Teresa every day. I do this most days but I want to be consistent especially since we plan on starting some homeschooling in the fall.

For more Quick Takes go to Betty Beguiles this week.

No comments: