Friday, October 5, 2012



--- 1 ---



My dear husband David turned 50 last week. We went out for dinner the Saturday before his birthday, had a family dinner and cake on that Sunday, his sister sent him a big plant/flower/balloon arrangement, and work decorated his cubicle with balloons and banners so lots of celebrating .

--- 2 ---


We rejoined the Y last night. Teresa has swim lessons again starting today. We signed her up for the 6 and up class versus preschool class. I hope she does okay. She will be 6 in 2 weeks.

--- 3 ---


Homeschooling is going well. I did a big curriculum switch a few weeks ago. I will wait until at least spring to decide for sure but right now I love it. It's more laid out for me but still uses a ton of real books.

--- 4 ---


Teeth have been a big topic here lately. Teresa has lost 4 in the last few months. Matthew has his 6th one coming in right now. We now can recognize his awful sleep pattern that preceeds each tooth.

--- 5 ---


Finding time for housework with homeschooling an active kindergartener (as in if I turn my back she pops out of her chair) and having a newly mobile baby (he tries to eat everything he can find on the floor but won't open his mouth for baby food) has been a challenge. This morning I had to clean the shower before I could take a shower. It was that bad.

--- 6 ---


Product Review- Do not buy store brand scrubbing bubble bathroom cleaner. Mine came from the store we call Big W. It does not smell the same (gaggy smell) and it doesn't work well either (see QT 5). I am not the most frequent cleaner but it has definitely not been that long for it to get that disgusting.

--- 7 ---

Orphan feature- His birthday is this month. He loves to read and recite poetry and is just going to be five. He sounds like an amazing little boy who is facing transfer. Praying for his family to find him very very soon.
http://reecesrainbow.org/26972/carlton

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

The Sojourner said...

I laughed at the part where you had to clean the shower before you could shower.

Becky D. said...

I thought about taking and posting a photo of the shower but decided it was too gross and I would be embarrassed to share it. There was quite a bit of mildew/mold around the bottom.